Saturday, August 20, 2011

Running in Rhode Island



First, I need to say that I shattered a personal record today. Up until today, a half marathon was my longest run and I had only done 13 mile runs twice in races. Today I did a 14-mile training run and I felt fantastic. I know that the mileage is going to go up from here, and I'm still 12 miles short of a marathon, but I'm pretty darn proud.

I didn't snap this photo on my run this morning, but this is the view I've had all week from our house. This week has been full of this amazing view, incredible food, and really great runs. In addition to a lot of rest and relaxation, I was able to completely stick to my training schedule for the first time all summer. This week left me in a great position to start a new school year. If I can adhere to my training schedule like I did this week, I'll feel more than ready for November 6th.

Running in Rhode Island has been wonderful. The roads are flat (no rolling hills here!), the sea air is refreshing, and the scenery keeps my mind occupied. Although I missed running with Team in Training this week, this was a great running-filled vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment